Saturday, January 28, 2006

Back on it's wheels!

Finally its off the axle stands and back on it's wheels! I discovered that the previous owner used grease in the trunnions so they had to be added to the list of replacement parts after I carefully cleaned out the uprights, inspected them and sprayed them the same colour as the brake calipers.

I also had to make up some washers to space the steering arms correctly because I have removed the brake disc and caliper shields (although it is shown in the photo!). It was really simple, I bought some washers from B&Q that were the right diameter and thickness and drilled them out to be able to take the steering arm bolt.

No comments: