Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Having sorted out the brakes at the front, I stupidly assumed that the back brakes would be OK. When I pulled off the wheels to reveal more broken bleed nipples, rust and rubbing hoses I wasn't all that pleased. In fact I was pretty pissed off! So I busted the angle grinder out and got medievil on the drums with a wire brush, followed by painting with my favourite silver brake paint. In went new wheel cylinders (from Ebay) and EBC brake shoes that I bought a couple of days ago at the Triumph show at Stoneleigh (from the Canley Classics stall). Finally, I also replaced the handbrake springs (which were knackered) and popped in some braided hoses (also bought from Stoneleigh). Job done!
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Having invested in a stainless tubular manifold and K&N filters I didn't want the filters to suck in all the hot air produced by the manifold. So I decided to get some exhaust wrap. Having seen the prices on Demon Tweeks and Agriemach I got on Ebay sharpish and bought some, which arrived a few days later. This was a job I thought was going to be really easy, but actually it was pretty tricky! Firstly the glassfibre strands got everywhere amd made by arms and hands itch for days, secondly the stuff dosent wrap very easily and took hours to get looking neat and thirdly the snap straps were an absolute bitch to put on (bear in mind I was on my own and I only had one hand spare!). Looks pretty good though!