Monday, January 27, 2003

Slave cylinder rebuild

So having recieved a slave cylinder rebuild kit from Canley Classics, and having no previous experience of working on cars, I set about taking out the radio, dash support, carpet and gearbox cover and unbolting the slave cylinder. Of course what I would do now is totally remove the slave cylinder mounting bolt because the slave cylinder in notched and won't come out with it still in! What I did of course was to try and prise open the mount, splitting it in the process. It still looked servicable so after replacing all the rubber seals I bled the air out and put everything back. I was delighted to find I now had a working clutch! Job done!

No comments: